Support improved mental wellbeing in the workplace, at home and the wider community though becoming an accredited Mental Health First Aider.
About this event
The online course dates and times are as follows:
- Session 1: Monday 13th June 2022 – 1pm – 4pm
- Session 2: Thursday 16th June 2022 – 1pm – 4pm
- Session 3: Monday 20th June 2022 – 1pm – 4pm
- Session 4: Thursday 23rd June 2022 – 1pm – 4pm
We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Mental ill health can strike at any time and can affect people from all walks of life.
- Poor mental health impacts on individuals and their families, in lost income, lower educational attainment, quality of life and a much shorter life span
- 75% of mental illness starts before age 18
- 70-75% of people with diagnosable mental illness receive no treatment at all
- In 2018/19, stress, depression or anxiety were responsible for 44% of all cases of work-related ill health and 54% of all working days lost due to health issues in GB
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an accredited training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
The course teaches the skills and confidence to help spot the signs of mental health issues, offer first aid, and guide them towards the support they need.