Get Together Group
Improve your well-being by making friends, having fun and connecting with the community
What is the Get Together Group?
The Get Together Group is somewhere to come along and make friends. We want to support you to feel more confident meeting new people and trying out new things or rediscovering old interests.
The group will be a safe space where you will hopefully feel ok to talk about what is going in your life but also where you can have some fun!
Who is the Get Together Group for?
This group is for anyone who feels socially isolated, lonely or anxious or worried about their health. Anyone who wants to: learn new skills; try a new hobby; find out what other groups are going on locally; connect with others or explore ways to improve their wellbeing.
Accessing the Get Together Group:
We are keen to receive referrals from Social Prescribing Teams or Link Workers based with GP Surgeries.
You can self-refer to this service, please contact us for details.
The group is free and refreshments will be provided.
The Get Together Group is always looking for volunteers to support the group
We are looking for people who:
- Have particular hobbies or interests they would like to share with others Can empathise with others situations Want to make a difference and help improve opportunities for people in the community
- Want to make a difference and help improve people’s wellbeing
- Are adventurous and willing to try new things
- Are over 18
What can we offer:
- Support to access training
- Support develop confidence in group and individual work
- Out of pocket expenses References for future employers A chance to be part of a small
- supportive team and part of the wider One Place East community